Created to be eaten at any time of the day, this quickbread is complimented by the flavors of blueberry, pomegranate, orange and vanilla.
Due to the TeeChia in this recipe, you’ll get that satisifed sensation of fullness quickly so you won’t overeat. You’ll be hooked once you try this nutritious treat!
Created by Caroline MacDougall with inspiration from her ancient copy of The Tassajara Cookbook.
- 6 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (*optional: coconut sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp orange zest (grated fresh orange peel)
- 1 cup TeeChia Blueberry Date
- 1 cup Pom pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free baking flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Soak the TeeChia in the pomegranate juice. Mix well and let stand till juice is absorbed.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a hand or standing mixer till creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well till very creamy and light.
- Add the vanilla and orange zest. Beat again until silky.
- Add the moist TeeChia mixture. Mix well.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add to the TeeChia batter and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and blueberries.
- Grease a 8x5x3-inch loaf pan and pour the batter in it.
- Bake at 325º for 50-60 minutes (when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Let cool before slicing. Enjoy!